- Community Stats
Level 21 Blank Slate
Ranked as Police Sergeant
Contact Info / Websites
Larry And The Gnomes by Jazza, Moonkey, DavidOrr, GeoffEdwardsdotca, Kamikaye, and Zach Striefel
Here's a video of me killing all the bosses for those that are having trouble:
(The Boar Rider starts at 1:02, the Freak at 2:51, and the Gnome King at 3:43)
General Tips For Bosses (As seen in video):
Just keep attacking him so he can't fire magic at him. Avoid the falling fireballs. Kill the shadow gnomes and one of them will drop health.
Go to the edge of the screen(top/bottom) of screen. When he starts coming at you, or a little before, move to the opposite edge (bottom/top) of screen so you dodge him. He'll throw a spear at you, you can move horizontally to dodge it but it does very little damage. Pick it up and throw it at him when he charges at you. Attack him while stunned. Jump just before the boar slams the ground after you attack it. Hit the bushes if you need health (each bush can give multiple orbs, but after the first time it takes more hits *fixed thanks to Mr-Contradiction*).
Stand still (or not) and pick up the fruit that hits you. Throw it at the Freak to make him eat it and attack him while he's eating. When he jumps go backwards a little so you have room to sprint jump over him when he charge at you. Rinse and repeat.
The Gnome King:
If you stand just below (or above) him near the inside of his belt buckle you can attack him and his attacks can't hit you. Just be sure to jump when he jumps, since it does a lot of damage. You can also jump to dodge the falling rocks although sometimes it's impossible to dodge them all. When/if you get low on health run back to the supplies room to get a pickup. I prefer to smash everything before the battle begins while being careful not to pick anything up, but it doesn't really matter.
- PLAY ON EASY. If you're going for medals then just play the game on easy, it's quite a bit easier (mainly due to bosses and traps) and playing on medium/hard doesn't give you any medals you can't get on easy. You do get more cheats if you beat it on hard, and the cheats are kind of cool; but you can't get medals with cheats enabled either.
-you can hit crates, urns, tumbleweed, and bushes to receive items. Urns are 1 hit, the rest are 3 (except if you use the sceptre of the king). Your first time through you should smash everything you see, but after that it can just slow the game down substantially.
- when fighting big gnomes/miners etc it's usually best to keep moving unless you are invulnerable from using rage or the unlimited health orb.
- There are 4 different weapon effects, poison, cold, fire, and power. Of these I think fire is the best since it adds immediate damage, cold is good if you are having trouble getting hit a lot since it slows enemies. Poison and power mostly just suck, although still better than the same weapon with no benefits.
- I like the large weapons the best, since even though you can't slash as fast, the slashes give knockback. Also you can stand on crates/small ledges/etc and still hit all the melee enemies without them hitting you. You can do this with a small weapon, but then you can only hit the big gnomes and miners.
- The cameo swords are probably the best weapons in the game (other than the sceptre of the kings), although any of them are fine for finishing the game imo. Some have special powers too, e.g. lightsaber attacks reflect magic, and frostmourne has the cold effect.
- If you're having trouble getting past traps, save your rage for them since you are invincible when you rage.
There's 1000 points in this game, and most of the non-secret medals you get automatically, so I'm just going to discuss medals you may not get if you don't try for them.
Accidental Archeologist (10 Points)
Discover ancient Skull Statues
Tips: Just destroy all the crates, urns, and tumbleweeds. A skull should pop out of one eventually.
Blood Lust (25 Points)
Sever 20 Gnome heads in a row
Easier way, Thanks to ctm222: Just play the first real level and jump attack everything. This will decapitate the gnomes when you kill them. Have to make sure to do the standing still jump attack and to attack while you're going up as opposed to when you're landing since the attacks are different.
My way: Do this by only hitting gnomes when you're enraged. I did it on the first level as seen in the video, but you can do it anywhere if you're having trouble in this spot.
Decapitation Retaliation (25 Points)
Kill an entire level of gnomes with the heads of other gnomes
Tips: Start a new game, and do the tutorial. When you face the group of gnomes after throwing your weapon let them hit you until you can go in a rage. Then rage and hit them, which will decapitate them. Grab a head by equipping it just as you would a weapon. Then start the first real level and kill everything using that head.
Mitten Hand Ninja (50 Points)
Kill an entire level of gnomes with nothing but your bare hands
Tips: Do this on the first level. Just throw you weapon (not at anybody) and proceed to punch the shit out of everything without picking up any weapons or anything.
Convenience Mining (100 Points)
Collect 15 Precious Gems
Tips: You need to collect 15 gems of doom. Note I think you can miss one or two, but after you hit 15 no more will spawn. You get one for each boss (*confirmed by LiquidOoze that the King drops one if you don't already have 15*), and the rest you get from smashing crates and such. If you smash everything you'll get it.
Sword Connoisseur and the 8 Secret Medals (375 Points Combined)
Find all of the 8 hidden Cameo Swords
Tips: See the video, this is in the 5th stage of the Act 3. You can also get swords in Act 4 stage 3 (*fixed thanks to EdyKel*).
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 3,417 (From 481 different games.)